Oracle AUTH_PASSWORD string

Hello gentlemen,

I am looking for pointers on information showing me how to decypher AUTH_PASSWORD strings, which look like some kind of hash to me. The rest of the traffic is clear text however, including the SQL queries and answers.

I captured a few megs of Oracle traffic and want to be able to show the customer the importance of encrypting Oracle traffic on their network.

Since i am new to pentesting Oracle databases and analyzing Oracle traffic, i guess some basic guide on Oracle dialog interpretatino would best fit the purpose.

Thanks in advance,

Peter.

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831

  • RE: 3rd party vuln assesment firms
    ... > "We use the same tools hackers bring to bear against your systems. ... >> I'm looking for a firm to conduct annual 3rd party vulnerability ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: 3rd party vuln assesment firms
    ... > "We use the same tools hackers bring to bear against your systems. ... >> I'm looking for a firm to conduct annual 3rd party vulnerability ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Penetration test of 1 IP address
    ... Before I do anything very intrusive I personally go to the website ... Also remember once you have found a vulnerability, ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Whitespace in passwords
    ... input password is alphanumeric + special characters -- chances are strong ... >> Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Qualys
    ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)