Re: Password cracking / recovery Lotus Notes R6

From: Peter Wood (peterw_at_firstbase.co.uk)
Date: 11/25/05

    Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:20:32 +0000
    To: "Richard Zaluski" <rzaluski@ivolution.ca>

    Hi Richard

    I have only tested Notes 4.x so far. We use AppDetective
    http://www.appsecinc.com/products/appdetective/domino/ to pen test
    and audit a Notes/Domino server (with excellent results) and Lotus
    Notes Key http://www.lostpassword.com against .ID files. The guys at
    Elcomsoft also have some good cracking tools http://www.elcomsoft.com

    kind regards
    Pete

    At 08:38 25/11/2005 -0500, Richard Zaluski wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >Currently I am working with a client to gain access to a Lotus Notes R6
    >(running on NT) database. We have full access to the box and need to
    >penetrate the passwords on the data bases.
    >
    >Does anyone have tools or techniques they can suggest to achieve this goal?
    >
    >Thanks....
    >

    >Richard Zaluski
    >CISO, Security and Infrastructure Services
    >iVOLUTION Technologies Incorporated
    >905.309.1911
    >866.601.4678
    >www.ivolution.ca
    >rzaluski@ivolution.ca

    Peter Wood FBCS CITP MIEEE MIMIS CISSP
    Chief of Operations
    First Base Technologies
    Office: +44 (0)1273 454525
    Mobile: +44 (0)7774 239915
    www.fbtechies.co.uk
    www.white-hats.co.uk

    Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

    Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
    website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
    login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
    futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
    to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
    Download Trial at:

    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831