RE: Solaris/UNIX Network Performance & Security

From: David Gutierrez (davegu1_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/22/05

    To: jthallah@gmail.com, security-basics@securityfocus.com, pen-test@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:18:48 -0600

    Why don't you configure and install tcpdump. Its freeware and can be read
    very easy. Do a search for tcpdump and download your binaries according to
    your os.

    David

    From: "Jason T. Hallahan" <jthallah@gmail.com>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com, pen-test@securityfocus.com
    Subject: Solaris/UNIX Network Performance & Security
    Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:06:15 -0500

    h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition;

    b=p/o6xE9EgvwbL68WNRTZBHITetPVfOD29eXt7T5WD/K3GXLGnor+mvNCTTvK8kZ7w5203IUxmbIDhIGr1J52lsrDBsFnsXVxzP8IuUjpTKreTdqN7dR3027fH6Xdx2ab/pFSskjeHW4J5XgaGKeA6qClhjEyQVWIXf9PPHWiKJo=

    Hello and good day,

    I am looking for a freely available tool/package, doesn't have to be
    anything special, that will give me relatively real-time network
    statistics regarding the NIC on my Solaris 8 box. Mainly I am looking
    for packets transmitted, packets lost, bytes transmitted, collisions
    on the interface, and possibly who is causing it (find the
    bottleneck/troublemaker). So far I have been using a combination of
    Ethereal/Ettercap/Etherape to perform this task, but I was wondering
    if anybody could point me in a better direction.

    Also, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the
    optimal/minimal freeware toolset/configuration to try and achieve as
    much of Core Impact's functionality as possible. So far, I have been
    using Metasploit, Nessus, and NMap. Any suggestions?

    Thank you very much for your time. Any help is always appreciated.
    Have a great day!

    Best regards,
    Jason

    Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

    Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
    website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
    login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
    futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
    to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
    Download Trial at:

    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831

    • >>>> FREEWARE GAMES <<<<
      ... freeware java games, freeware mobile phone games, freeware building ... downloads, freeware games mac, windows mobile 2003 se freeware games, ... freeware download full version card games, ...
      (rec.sport.tennis)
    • Audio and Video Downloads
      ... AIMP - 4.74MB (Freeware) ... AIMP is a free audio player with support for large number of formats ... Download Any Video Converter 2.76 ... GOM is a FREE media player with popular audio & video codecs built-in. ...
      (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
    • Re: Disk Needs Formatting
      ... on freeware for this operation. ... a partition exclusively for the personal ... like loosing the personal data. ... The problem is the time taken to download & install ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Autorun
      ... AutoRun Settings 11 KB (Freeware) ... Download: http://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/autorunsettings.zip ... Autoplay Repair Wizard 77 KB ... > In an attempt to enhance security and based on a online tip, I changed the> registry value of my Autorun as suggested to FF. ...
    • RE: Solaris/UNIX Network Performance & Security
      ... Why don't you configure and install tcpdump. ... Its freeware and can be read ... Solaris/UNIX Network Performance & Security ... Delivered-To: moderator for security-basics@securityfocus.com ...
      (Security-Basics)