Re: Nessus - open or closed source?

From: Alex Bihlmaier (thalunil_at_kallisti.de)
Date: 11/04/05

    Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:45:41 +0100

    Serg B. wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I don't recall where I read it, but... Something about Nessus going into
    > proprietry market and that future releases of the scanner will not be
    > available under GPL licence.
    >
    > Could someone confirm that or...?

    http://mail.nessus.org/pipermail/nessus-announce/2005-October/msg00000.html
    According to that:

    Version 3 won't be released under the GPL.
    Former versions, of course, are still licensed under the GPL.

    Please note this upcoming project:
    http://porz-wahn.berlios.de

    grtx,
      thal

    Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

    Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
    website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
    login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
    futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
    to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
    Download Trial at:

    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831

    • RE: 3rd party vuln assesment firms
      ... > "We use the same tools hackers bring to bear against your systems. ... >> I'm looking for a firm to conduct annual 3rd party vulnerability ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: 3rd party vuln assesment firms
      ... > "We use the same tools hackers bring to bear against your systems. ... >> I'm looking for a firm to conduct annual 3rd party vulnerability ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: Penetration test of 1 IP address
      ... Before I do anything very intrusive I personally go to the website ... Also remember once you have found a vulnerability, ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Whitespace in passwords
      ... input password is alphanumeric + special characters -- chances are strong ... >> Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Qualys
      ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
      (Pen-Test)