Re: Pen test, tcp/1404 found - advice needed

From: Nicolas RUFF (nicolas.ruff_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/16/05

    Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:18:10 +0200
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    > Found tcp/1494 open to a server during a pen test, black-box
    > style. Are there any interesting tools that may be available to extract
    > information from the server on the receiving end?

    Hello,

    Is it TCP/1404 or TCP/1494 ?

    TCP/1494 is the well-known Citrix ICA port, I suggest you download a
    free client to begin with :
    http://www.citrix.com/site/SS/downloads/downloads.asp?dID=2755

    Regards,
    - Nicolas RUFF
    Security researcher @ EADS-CCR

    Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

    Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
    website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
    login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
    futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
    to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
    Download Trial at:

    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831