Re: windows, nessus scanner, and a VPN

From: Josh Zlatin-Amishav (josh_at_tkos.co.il)
Date: 09/12/05

    Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:00:20 +0300 (IDT)
    To: Michael Boman <michael.boman@gmail.com>

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Michael Boman wrote:

    > On 9/9/05, Michael Gargiullo <mgargiullo@pvtpt.com> wrote:
    >> Now for the question. Does anyone know of a scanning tool that runs on
    >> windows (Due to the different VPN clients used) other then NeWT. I
    >> don't have $7000 plus the $1200 a year in my budget for one scanning
    >> tool.
    >
    > Nessus was recently ported to the Win32 platform by Cenzic
    > (http://www.cenzic.com/nessusport.html). Not super-stable yet, but you
    > can work around the issues (NessusD needs to be restarted between each
    > scan).

    Based on:
    http://mail.nessus.org/pipermail/nessus/2005-August/msg00194.html

    the Cenzic port seems like it is severly limited in terms of which plugins it can legally
    run.

    --
      - Josh
    Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

    • RE: 3rd party vuln assesment firms
      ... > "We use the same tools hackers bring to bear against your systems. ... >> I'm looking for a firm to conduct annual 3rd party vulnerability ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: 3rd party vuln assesment firms
      ... > "We use the same tools hackers bring to bear against your systems. ... >> I'm looking for a firm to conduct annual 3rd party vulnerability ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: Penetration test of 1 IP address
      ... Before I do anything very intrusive I personally go to the website ... Also remember once you have found a vulnerability, ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Whitespace in passwords
      ... input password is alphanumeric + special characters -- chances are strong ... >> Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... >> your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Qualys
      ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
      (Pen-Test)