Re: LSADump2 Crashing Systems

From: Petr Merta (
Date: 09/03/05

    Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 13:08:51 +0200

    On Fri 2. September 2005 23:31, oh face wrote:
    > Question:
    > 1. Has anyone had this experience? If so, is there a safe method to
    > execute this tool?
    > 2. When I tested LSADump2 on various Windows boxes, not all fully
    > patched boxes were affected by this issue. What configuration of
    > Windows is exactly causing "lsass" to fail?

    Perhaps it could be hw issue? I've experienced the same behaviour on itanium
    (w2k3/ia64 server); suppose amd64 (with wxp/64) could behave the same way.
    Problem was the code injected - it was compiled for i386, and could not be
    executed as thread inside 64bit task. AFAIK, dll injection cannot be directly
    ported to ia64 platform by eg. recompilation only, as procedure calling
    mechanism is quite different.

    Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

    Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
    website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
    login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
    futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
    to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
    Download Trial at: