RE: hping and firewall testing

From: Eduardo Suzuki (eduardo.ac.suzuki_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/27/05

    To: "'Doug Fox'" <dfox168@hotmail.com>, <Steve.Cummings@barclayscapital.com>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 06:57:13 -0300

            Doug,

            Firewalk requires Libnet 1.1.0 to be compiled. It doesn't accept any
    version greater than that. Nemesis is another tool that falls into the same
    problem (it requires Libnet 1.0.2a).
            Currently there are two versions of Libnet, one hosted at
    http://www.packetfactory.net/Projects/Libnet and another one hosted at
    http://libnet.sourceforge.net. In this case you need to get the first one.
            HTH.
            Best regards,