Re: testing BGP

From: Hartmut Steffin (security_at_pecos.de)
Date: 08/23/05

    Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:38:59 +0200
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    > i want to do some testing on the BGP and may be other routing protocols.
    > any hints on tools and info?

    Thank you all for your hints and information.

    Some more info (which I should have given in my first post, sorry):
    My situation for testing is to have a Linux system under my control within the net of concern. The net is switched (most probable by HP Procurve 2524). Towards the border net we have Cisco 6505 and 12008, those are the systems to be tested against leaks of routing information, manipulation etc..

    regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

    Hartmut Steffin

    PECOS GmbH net business solutions
    web: http://www.pecos.de