Re: SoftAP

From: Don Bailey (baileydl_at_mitre.org)
Date: 08/22/05

    Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:35:24 -0400
    To: Kevin Reiter <tux@penguinnetwerx.net>

    Kevin Reiter wrote:
    > Does anyone know where to find SoftAP (PCTel)? They've removed it from
    > their site, and I need it for a proof-of-concept project. Is it still
    > being sold anywhere else? Googling for it landed lots of dead links...

    While not the exact same thing, you can buy the CNet CWC-854 wireless
    adapter, which has publicly available soft access point drivers for Windows.

    Description here:

    http://www.cnetusa.com/product/specs/wl_CWC-854.htm

    Soft access point driver for this particular card here:

    http://www.cnetusa.com/support/drivers/cwcpsoftAP.exe

    Froogle or Streetprices have links to buy the card--should be less than
    $100. Hope this info helps.

    Sincerely,

    Don

    --