Re: SoftAP

From: Don Bailey (baileydl_at_mitre.org)
Date: 08/22/05

    Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:35:24 -0400
    To: Kevin Reiter <tux@penguinnetwerx.net>

    Kevin Reiter wrote:
    > Does anyone know where to find SoftAP (PCTel)? They've removed it from
    > their site, and I need it for a proof-of-concept project. Is it still
    > being sold anywhere else? Googling for it landed lots of dead links...

    While not the exact same thing, you can buy the CNet CWC-854 wireless
    adapter, which has publicly available soft access point drivers for Windows.

    Description here:

    http://www.cnetusa.com/product/specs/wl_CWC-854.htm

    Soft access point driver for this particular card here:

    http://www.cnetusa.com/support/drivers/cwcpsoftAP.exe

    Froogle or Streetprices have links to buy the card--should be less than
    $100. Hope this info helps.

    Sincerely,

    Don

    --
    Don Bailey
    Lead INFOSEC Engineer/Scientist

    • RE: All of the things you need to learn to be a pen-tester (Re: Pen t est basic needs)
      ... U will probably need to "morphine" your evil apps before you run them on an AV protected machine - download morphine from hxdef.org; might as well pick up a copy of hf's rootkit while your there... ... FREE WHITE PAPER - Wireless LAN Security: What Hackers Know That You Don't ... WLAN by understanding these threats, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: AD password Auditing
      ... Subject: AD password Auditing ... > FREE WHITE PAPER - Wireless LAN Security: ... Defend your WLAN against ... FREE WHITE PAPER - Wireless LAN Security: ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: AD password Auditing
      ... FREE WHITE PAPER - Wireless LAN Security: What Hackers Know That You Don't ... WLAN by understanding these threats, available hacking tools and proven ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Handling Sysads resignation/termination
      ... FREE WHITE PAPER - Wireless LAN Security: What Hackers Know That You Don't ... WLAN by understanding these threats, ... Switch to Netscape Internet Service. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • FW: AD password Auditing