Re: extracting passwords from ethereal dump

From: andre protas (randori82.lists_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/21/05

    Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:36:10 -0700
    To: Mohamed Abdel Kader <makster12@hotmail.com>

    What kind of passwords are you looking for? For being a
    pen-tester...this is a bit of a basic function. Have you tried
    packetyzer? It's pretty much etheral with better filtering/symbol
    lookups.

    Good luck with whoever's network you're 'assess'ing.

    ~andre

    On 6/20/05, Mohamed Abdel Kader <makster12@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > I was on a assessment and decided to get some of the traffic moving along
    > the network. i got it using ethereal.
    > now i want a program (other than ettercap) that can take this dump and
    > extract the passwords.
    > It would be helpful if the program can tell me the source and destination as
    > well as the protocol in use for each detected password.
    >
    > thanks in advance pen-testers :o)
    > MAK

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Stanford break in
      ... Are network synchronized passwords a bad idea, ... > physical and logical security of accounts (ie: ... > Authenticate with the server, but only allow access to one workstation. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: should i bother??
      ... > (network address translation from a public IP to a private network is always advised here) ... certain outgoing ports on the firewall at work. ... I run root kit hunter as a daily cron job. ... > Strong passwords of random letters, with at least two numbers and two special characters for all accounts, definately root. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: FW: Hydra or network logon cracker for Windows?
      ... Couldn't you just Nmap your whole Network and dump the IP's of the Windows ... passwords such as the company name and so forth. ... > Original> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: FW: Hydra or network logon cracker for Windows?
      ... have to suffer through LIXUX/UNIX/APPLE machines on the network. ... passwords such as the company name and so forth. ... Original> against a small list of passwords like Tomcat, Tomcat1, TomCat, ... Original> EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Browsing domain from non-domain PC
      ... like the one server where the test data goes. ... >>console open yet still maintain network security. ... >> users that need to run the tests local accounts, ... >> the username and passwords which makes taking the computer off the domain ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)