RE: generating a network map

From: Todd Towles (toddtowles_at_brookshires.com)
Date: 06/20/05

    Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:43:11 -0500
    To: "Johan Petersson" <vhdlninja@gmail.com>, "Talha" <tt83x@yahoo.com>

    You could use Etherape with a network discovery tool like Nmap. Etherape
    will record the hosts visually via the generated traffic generated by
    Nmap, but the topology won't be correct I don't think. Etherape will
    detected chatty nodes between each other, but all the nodes discovered
    via the Nmap traffic will just make a star map - but I could be wrong.
    Worth a try...

    -Todd

    • RE: Nmap output
      ... Try using Nlog. ... NLog is a set of PERL scripts for managing and analyzing your nmap 2.0+ ... web based service gateway to an internal network. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Scanning Class A network
      ... About point 2, i recommend you Nmap... ... >network to identify hosts and ports exposed to the Internet. ... >Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Advice on Fastest NMAP Scan
      ... Good to see you on here Fyodor. ... make sure that you are using Nmap 3.75. ... or just a local network? ... > shouldn't be any problem at all for regular scanning. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Scanning hosts behind a NAT
      ... I'm a student and I'm trying to learn how nmap does its job. ... Today, for example, I tried to scan my home network )... ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ... FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Routing all packets to a specific NIC
      ... here it is - from the Etherape documentation: ... Many small network use hubs to connect computers, ... your switch (essentially copies all traffic to a single port). ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)