RE: Penetration Test Hardware Vendor

From: Todd Towles (toddtowles_at_brookshires.com)
Date: 05/13/05

    Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:48:48 -0500
    To: "Kyle Maxwell" <krmaxwell@gmail.com>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>

    Kyle makes a good point about the wireless card with a workable chipset.
    Depending on the tools (or linux CD), several different types of
    wireless cards could be usefully.

    Prism2 chipset with the optional external antenna plug are really good.
    If you don't want to walk around with a external antenna, then make sure
    the card has a internal antenna as well. I use a Cisco Aironet card
    something..that were taken from a Cisco AP. It has too plug (because of
    the AP antennas), but it not no internal. Just something to watch out
    for.

    Older Linksys B cards are Prism2. Cisco cards are nice because they
    create two interfaces when inserted. One is regular and one is in
    Monitor mode.

    -Todd

    • Re: Psystar Macs Better Than Apple Macs?
      ... They seem happy they got a Mac that they can expand for ... you to be able to go out, buy a eSATA card, or USB 3.0 card or ... add capture devices and external HDs and external sound devices. ... That Intel Audio chipset is integrated on motherboards. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • RE: Question about wireless lan card drivers....
      ... The wpc54g card by Linksys uses a Broadcom chipset. ... Question about wireless lan card drivers.... ... Prism is a line of chips that are done by the company named ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • [IDE] Need assistance on a Silicon Image 680-based board
      ... I have recently purchased an IDE Host Adapter card based on the Silicon Image 680 chipset. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Any thoughts on buying a refurbished GTX-260...maybe?
      ... This system has no onboard graphics which is wonderful! ... memory - it rocked! ... Card should really rock. ... Not sure about VIA chipset motherboards with on-board ...
      (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
    • Re: changing the fan cooler on my video card
      ... about this mobo, ... the ATI card. ... Intel chipset and used an ATI video card and didn't download any driver for ... drivers loaded up for the new ATI card. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)