RE: Penetration Test Hardware Vendor

From: Todd Towles (toddtowles_at_brookshires.com)
Date: 05/13/05

    Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:48:48 -0500
    To: "Kyle Maxwell" <krmaxwell@gmail.com>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>

    Kyle makes a good point about the wireless card with a workable chipset.
    Depending on the tools (or linux CD), several different types of
    wireless cards could be usefully.

    Prism2 chipset with the optional external antenna plug are really good.
    If you don't want to walk around with a external antenna, then make sure
    the card has a internal antenna as well. I use a Cisco Aironet card
    something..that were taken from a Cisco AP. It has too plug (because of
    the AP antennas), but it not no internal. Just something to watch out
    for.

    Older Linksys B cards are Prism2. Cisco cards are nice because they
    create two interfaces when inserted. One is regular and one is in
    Monitor mode.

    -Todd