Re: Nessus Plugins

From: Renaud Deraison (deraison_at_nessus.org)
Date: 03/30/05

    Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:01:38 -0500
    To: Pen Test <pen-test@securityfocus.com>

    On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 05:14:23PM -0600, Dan Tesch wrote:
    > Are there any sources for Nessus Plugins that should be frequently looked
    > at other than CVS?

    No - Nessus.org is the only distribution point for both the
    community-submitted plugins, as well the the proprietary plugins we
    write at Tenable. Users wishing to submit a plugin should send it to
    plugins-writers@list.nessus.org (which is a public mailing list) or
    plugins@nessus.org (the plugin is reviewed and QA'ed privately and
    published in a timely manner).

    > Are all of the items on CVS included when doing an automated plugin update?

    Yes. The anonymous CVS repository contains all the plugins, although
    there is a 7 days delay between the day proprietary plugins are written
    and the time they are available to the general public. Feel free to read
    the Nessus plugins FAQ at <http://www.nessus.org/plugins/?view=faq> or
    to email me directly if you have any question.

                                    -- Renaud

    --
    Renaud Deraison
    http://www.nessus.org