Re: Oracle hash-list?

From: James Hackett (jamespeterhackett_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 03/21/05

    Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:08:03 +0000 (GMT)
    To: nexus@patrol.i-way.co.uk, jeroen@isvet.nl

    Check out this article

    http://international.visa.com/av/alliances/sai/alliances/pdf/Encrypting_Data_in_Oracle.pdf
    or a brute forcer, of some kind within SQL
    http://www.password-crackers.com/crack2.html

    if DES or some description were would the salt value
    be stored within the database ??? it would have to be
    within the database tables some where ?????

    --- Nexus <nexus@patrol.i-way.co.uk> wrote:
    > Jeroen wrote:
    > > Steven DeFord
    > <mailto:security.willworker@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >

    > >>1) What's the hashing algorithm?
    > >

    > > Unknown, it's proprietary.
    >
    > Adding to that, it's also aggressively defended by
    > Oracle - I know of
    > two occasions in which a legal Cease & Desist has
    > been fired off...
    >
    > If there are such hash related tools out there,
    > don't expect anyone to
    > advertise the fact.
    >
    > Cheers.

    • Sha256Managed ... Size in SQL columns
      ... What should be the dimension of my nvarbinary columns in my SQL ... Salt varbinarynot null, ...
    • Fixed
      ... I also found this article that gives the proper way to move system dbs in sql 2008: ... The model exists where the master states it exists. ... This is the error log prior to detaching the model database. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
    • Re: CREATE AGGREGATE failed because type Concatenate does not conform to UDAGG specification due to
      ... Go to the Database tab and click on the browse button next to the connection string. ... In the New Database Reference dialog, enter the details for the database where you want to deploy the assembly and create the user defined aggregate. ... I'm trying to do some CLR integration with sql server 2005. ...
    • CREATE AGGREGATE failed because type Concatenate does not conform to UDAGG specification due to meth
      ... Now register the assembly and the aggregate in the SQL Server database you want ... I'm trying to do some CLR integration with sql server 2005. ...
    • Re: dbdebunk Quote of Week comment
      ... > a lot of really bad SQL programmers. ... But SQL does not have a pointer data type or the ... > being told to design a database. ... But why is little Cindy Lou Who employee ...
      (comp.databases.theory)