RE: Terminal Services

From: Ola (lawal_at_shaw.ca)
Date: 03/13/05

    Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:08:40 -0700
    To: kiwi@kiwicomputing.com, 'AEHeald' <arianheald@bellsouth.net>

    Gentlemen,

    You can use a tool called TSGrinder to brute force a terminal server using a
    dictionary password for the administrator account. I have been playing
    around with this tool this weekend and it really rocks. You will find
    detailed information from the hammerofgod site:
    http://www.hammerofgod.com/download.htm

    TSGringer is a "dictionary" based attack tool, but it does have some
    interesting features like "l337" conversion, and supports multiple attack
    windows from a single dictionary file. It supports multiple password
    attempts in the same connection, and allows you to specify how many times to
    try a username/password combination within a particular connection.
    Note that the tool requires the Microsoft Simulated Terminal Server Client
    tool, "roboclient," which may be found here:
    ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/ResKit/win2000/roboclient.zip

    Hope this helps.
    Kind regards
    Ola