Re: UNIX/Windows audit scripts

From: Jeffrey Denton (dentonj_at_gmail.com)
Date: 03/04/05

    Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:51:43 -0700
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:11:20 +0100, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
    <jfernandez@germinus.com> wrote:

    > After developing my own I have been able to find only a few similar
    > scripts out there. Marc Heuse's set of audit scripts [2] and Seán
    > Boran's UNIX/Linux local audit tool [3]. Has anyone written / used
    > similar scripts?

    I've been modifying Marc's scripts for years.

    http://www.cochiselinux.org/files/audit_slackware.sh

    I hard coded the paths for the commands to those found on Slackware.
    ETC_LIST only lists Slackware's configuration files. It would miss
    the init scripts of a SysV style distro. It would take a few
    modifications to work with other distros.

    • Re: Init system deba{te|cle}
      ... > I find shell scripts the most efficient way to automate system adin ... not just change in init scripts. ... making here isn't the scripting language, for portability, it's the fact ... So, having script compatible across kernels (you said solaris is not a linux distribution, so I thought you only mean it does not uses the linux kernel, nothing less and nothing more) would be useful. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [opensuse] Systemd parallel startup/shutdown and dependencies (This is not a rant).
      ... There already was requires of some sort inside the init scripts. ... systemd weiredness they same way we did it for sysvinit/startpar. ... Actually I have no motivation to correct any single init dependency. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: internet exployer home page virus (www.bluezipper.com)
      ... and download the scripts; ... For better access to newsgroups; ... > I followed Microsofts tips and know that it is modifying> the Windows XP registry key START PAGE VALUE located in ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Anyone else worried about the future of Sun?
      ... |from init.d scripts into /etc/default/ (so modifying the scripts ... |I have to comment out one of the sendmail invocations. ... That's part of the Services Management Framework going into S10. ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: [SLE] Reset LPT Port on Startup
      ... The newer init scripts also incorporate the following: ... # Required-Start: $network $syslog ...
      (SuSE)