RE: The business/marketing of pen-testing.

From: Jeff Gercken (JeffG_at_kizan.com)
Date: 10/26/04

    Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:52:07 -0400
    To: "Aaron Drew" <ripper@internode.on.net>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>

    Don't use scare tactics. Salesmen prophesizing scenarios of impending
    doom and catastrophic failures have really hurt the security industry.
    Rational and quantitative risk analysis is what businesses need.
    Everyone has vulnerabilities and most know it. You should position
    yourself as the guy who will enumerate them and assign priority.

    Also, if you are asked, be open in your methods and tools. Be part
    teacher and you will be rewarded with trust and loyalty.

    Anyhow, just my $.02
    -Jeff