RE: Testing a web app with heavy JS use

From: Eyal Udassin (eyal_at_swiftcoders.com)
Date: 09/11/04

    To: <tblinux@covad.net>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:05:13 +0200

    Hi,

    When facing an application with complex logic performed on the client, I
    find that the most convenient way to test is to play by the rules when
    submitting the input in the browser, allowing it to perform whatever checks
    it wishes.
    Simply intercept the request with a proxy and manipulate the fields in the
    raw HTTP request. This is sometimes the only way to be able to intelligently
    test the application as the JS code might add parameters or perform some
    other critical functions that you might remove by accident when editing the
    HTML.

    Good luck,
    Eyal Udassin.