Re: Patch management tool

From: Jose Maria Lopez (jkerouac_at_eresmas.com)
Date: 09/04/04

    To: "pen-test@securityfocus.com" <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: 04 Sep 2004 00:06:36 +0200

    El vie, 03 de 09 de 2004 a las 11:45, Milind Nanal escribió:

    > List,
    >
    > Looking for best free tool /open source solution for Linux operating system
    > patches management. There are commercial tools available like Novell
    > zenworks, Shavlik Technologies. But I am looking for non commercial option.
    >
    > Some thing like patch distribution server which possibly push the recent OS
    > patches to other linux systems. Linux distribution should covering RedHat,
    > Suse other linux flavors.
    >
    > Quick response is highly appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Milind

    If you are looking for upgrading Linux systems with new packages as
    bugs or updates appears then I know two options, one is The Redhat
    Network, from Redhat, and the other one is Red Carpet from Ximian,
    now Novell.

    --
    Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
    Director Tecnico de bgSEC
    jkerouac@bgsec.com
    http://www.bgsec.com
    ESPAÑA
    like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
                    -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"
    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes are
    guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction
    with one of our expert instructors. Check out our Advanced Hacking course,
    learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. Attend a course
    taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing
    experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an
    Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • Re: Patch management tool
      ... There are commercial tools available like Novell ... > patches to other linux systems. ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: bgSEC distributes bastion-firewall under the GPL license
      ... > used Linux for more than a month, yet alone written something for Linux ... release of my own project is not bad netiquette, ... It's free software, did you forget it? ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Misguided Newbie?
      ... > Freedom of choice between 100's of alpha level applications. ... You can contract support for every important Linux application ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Locking up linux so it can be equal or safer to Windows.
      ... > I'm ready to change religion from Windows to Linux but I'm concerned ... > about the web surfing security side of the equation. ... > Which areas of Linux should I lock-up to prevent spywares to install, ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: The GPL 3.0 fiasco will make OpenSolaris #1
      ... There are many more problems caused by the unwillingness of the Linux ... > Kernel maintainers to listen to the problems of users... ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)