RE: Tool to find hidden web proxy server

From: Jeff Gercken (JeffG_at_kizan.com)
Date: 09/01/04

    Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:00:03 -0400
    To: "vinay mangal" <vinay.mangal@eil.co.in>, "Pen" <pen-test@securityfocus.com>

    Why not just look for the src of http request syn packets at your
    network boundary.

    Using tcpdump:
    tcpdump -i eth0 -qnl 'tcp[13]==2' and port 80

    The bpf expression 'tcp[13]==2' and port 80 is also a valid Ethereal
    Capture filter statement if you're win32 inclined.

    More help on BPF syntax at:
    http://home.insight.rr.com/procana/index.html

    -Jeff