Re: All tcp ports open?

From: Nathan R. Valentine (nathan_at_nathanvalentine.org)
Date: 08/30/04

    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:13:41 -0400

    I've lost the original post so I don't have all of the details that I
    perhaps should.

    That being said...dollars to donuts...Raptor firewall. Some versions
    report all TCP and UDP ports as open and jam up automated scans but you
    can usually do some banner grabbing to determine the presence of a
    Raptor and then work around it.

    --
    Nathan R. Valentine <nathan@nathanvalentine.org>

    • Ping an IP address with and without a firewall
      ... He uses the built-in firewall. ... didn't report anything unusual. ... When I pinged his IP address, the none of the packets were lost. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Hacked
      ... >that is known as a port used by a trojan horse. ... I just started using NetWatchman. ... report hits automatically on your firewall. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Sort of OT - Tracking clicked links in an email?
      ... If the newsletter is server based and going to be viewed on your server by ... is for the client machine to send a report back to your server in some shape ... machine that is viewing the email, it will almost certainly give a firewall ... > alerts to go off? ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
    • MAC address changed while using machine on net?????
      ... stuff on the interwebnet I suddenly lost my connection to the lan on ... Stopped the SuSE Firewall and all was returned back to normal, ... How the devil can Suse change the MAC on my nic while it is in use, ... this also had lost its settings and video was missing. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: MAC address changed while using machine on net?????
      ... > Stopped the SuSE Firewall and all was returned back to normal, ... this also had lost its settings and video was missing. ... Interesting that you noticed the connection between the firewall and your ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)