Re: interesting wireless card and linux issue

From: Artturi Lehtio (artturil_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 08/25/04

    Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:32:08 +0100 (BST)
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    I have a Windows Xp desktop with a wireless card and it connects to the network fine but it won't
    access the internet although if I take my Windows Xp laptop and use its wireless card to access
    the internet, everything works just fine. I discovered that when I connect to the wireless
    network, my desktop doesn't get a ip adress from the DHCP server like it should. I tried to repair
    the connection with the repair function in Windows Xp and after that my desktop had an ip address
    but it still didn't have anything else when my laptop also gets the DNS server, DHCP server and
    the default gateway ip addresses. Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

    Thanks in advance.

    =====
    Artturi Lehtiö

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes are
    guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction
    with one of our expert instructors. Check out our Advanced Hacking course,
    learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. Attend a course
    taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing
    experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an
    Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.

    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
      ... option to limit it to your internal network IP addresses. ... Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ... > connect to the Internet via dial-up or ISDN. ... > the dial-up connection as soon as you were connected to the Internet. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Fw: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
      ... Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ... > connect to the Internet via dial-up or ISDN. ... > network at home: Often, we did not even encounter password protection. ... > the dial-up connection as soon as you were connected to the Internet. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
      ... PC-WELT discovers and fixes serious security issue in Windows XP SP2 ... Internet via dial-up or ISDN. ... Internet Connection Sharing of the PC ... network at home: Often, we did not even encounter password protection. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: Big hole??
      ... supposedly safe SP2 for Windows XP invites any Internet ... Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled. ... visible in their network at home: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Wireless network issue for two SP2 computers
      ... with DSL Internet ... When I pull up view network computers, when I try to add network ... >The LAN connection also has TCP/IP, with Client for MS Networks, QoS Packet ... If the computers run the original or SP1 versions of Windows XP, ...