Re: Odd server side scripts source disclosure vulnerability

From: R. DuFresne (
Date: 08/21/04

    Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 01:50:53 -0400 (EDT)
    To: Hugo Fortier <>

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, R. DuFresne wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Hugo Fortier wrote:
    > > Seriously, From those header, there is nothing that can help you guess
    > > the OS... If you would had taken a Educated Guess, you would probably
    > > talked about AIX, Solaris, HP-UX , Linux, Windows NT or 2000. And I
    > > don't see why it could not be a S/390
    > >
    > > Well if it do run on Linux... It's likely that it is running on:
    > > Redhat 6.2
    > > Caldera 2.3 e-Server
    > > Caldera 2.4 e-Desktop
    > > Suse 6.4 for INTEL
    > > Suse 7.0 for Linux/390
    > > TurboLinux 6.0.x Server
    > >
    > > And more likely to run on Redhat than any other one...
    > >
    > > The more likely guess is either AIX or Solaris...
    > >
    > > Does IBM have server other than their Mainframe that support Virtual
    > > Machine? It's unlikely to run on a virtual machine on a Intel
    > > computer, because Websphere need aloth of ressource (CPU / Memory)...
    > I beleive IBM has not only suse and redhat under a vm on not only the
    > s390, but also their AIx systems.

    Ahh, please excuse the incorrect information below, it has been a long

    > Of course Websphere, being a sun
    > product actually uses Sun One, which used to be iPlanet, which was once
    > Netscape, does it not?

    Ron DuFresne

            admin & senior security consultant:
    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                    -- Johnny Hart
    testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!
    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes are
    guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction
    with one of our expert instructors. Check out our Advanced Hacking course,
    learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. Attend a course
    taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing
    experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an
    Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.