Re: Securing web site with redundancy ?

From: Josh Tolley (josh_at_raintreeinc.com)
Date: 08/21/04

    Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:50:58 -0700
    To: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN@libertis.ga>

    There are loads of such options -- if you like Linux, the LVS project
    will do what you want. You might also look at heartbeat and mon, also
    linux utils. I couldn't tell you what commercial options you might want
    to use other than Windows clustering, which would do this as well. For
    that you may require some sort of shared storage, and a switch that's
    compatible -- it can do some funny things with arp, which really
    confuses a lot of switches (ours, for example, which has decided to
    broadcast all traffic to our cluster all over our LAN, which makes it a
    huge pain to use. Perhaps we have it configured wrong, but I haven't had
    time to look at it much).

    Josh Tolley
    Raintree Systems, Inc.
    http://www.raintreeinc.com
    760 509 9000

    Bénoni MARTIN wrote:
    > Hi all !
    >
    > I was wondering if there was a way to set up 2 "redundant" web servers (identical web sites), i.e. when one crashes, the other one takes the connection over. The same thing which is already available for firewalls (high disponibility), but with web servers.
    >
    > We would have 2 Windozes in a DMZ with IIS as the web server, and a pix firewall between the dmz and Internet. Is there any tool allowing this out there ? I tried to google quite a while, but without any chance...
    >
    > Some one has an idea ?
    >
    > Cheers list !

    > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes are
    > guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction
    > with one of our expert instructors. Check out our Advanced Hacking course,
    > learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. Attend a course
    > taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing
    > experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an
    > Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    >
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/InfoSecInstitute_pen-test_040817

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes are
    guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction
    with one of our expert instructors. Check out our Advanced Hacking course,
    learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. Attend a course
    taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing
    experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an
    Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/InfoSecInstitute_pen-test_040817

    • Re: QualysGuard
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Check out our Advanced Hacking course, ... > learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: RE: listing directory structure within webserver root
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Check out our Advanced Hacking course, ... > learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: interesting wireless card and linux issue
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Check out our Advanced Hacking course, ... > learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: Instant Messenger
      ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... Check out our Advanced Hacking course, ... > learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: All tcp ports open?