Re: hacking challenges

From: Tyler Durden (fadingreality414_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/05/04

    Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 02:21:58 -0700 (PDT)
    To: gilles.lami@hays-dsia.fr

    It really depends on the web hacking challenge. Some
    of them are very amerature, or just have no relevance
    in real life attacks. I don't think they should be
    required, but they are good practice.

    I'd recommend: www.hackthissite.org
                   www.hackerslab.org
                   www.hdcwargame.com

    --- gilles.lami@hays-dsia.fr wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > What do you think about the numerous hacking
    > challenges present on the web
    > ?
    > Do you think a good pen-tester should (or must ?) do
    > these games and pass
    > all levels of each one ?
    > If so, well ... Why ? (Even if the answer of this
    > question could be
    > obvious).
    >
    > Another thing very different, and i am sorry for
    > this question i guess most
    > of you must have already ridden several times:
    > I have to build an action plan to specify how to
    > react after a successfull
    > hacking has been detected or suspected ( on a
    > Windows or Unix machine for
    > the moment )
    > What good readings could you advise ?
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    >
    > Gilles

    > Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers
    > attaches qu'il contient sont confidentiels et
    > destines exclusivement a l'usage de la personne a
    > laquelle ils sont adresses.
    > Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur,merci de le
    > retourner a son emetteur.
    > Les idees et opinions presentees dans ce messages
    > sont celles de son auteur, et ne representent pas
    > necessairement celles du Groupe HAYS plc ou d'une
    > quelconque de ses filiales.
    > La publication, l'usage, la distribution,
    > l'impression ou la copie non autorisee de ce message
    > et des attachements qu'il contient sont strictement
    > interdits.
    >
    > Nous vous informons egalement que nous avons verifie
    > ce controle, nous ne saurions etre tenus pour
    > responsables d'eventuels degats occasionnes par un
    > virus non detecte.
    >
    > This e-mail and any attached files are confidential
    > and intended solely for the use of the individual to
    > whom it is addressed.
    > If you have received this email in error please send
    > it back to the person that sent it to you.
    > Any views or opinions presented are solely those of
    > author and do not necessarily represent those the
    > HAYS plc group or any of its subsidiary companies.
    > Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination,
    > forwarding, printing or copying of this email and
    > its associated attachments is strictly prohibited.
    >
    > We also inform you that we have checked that this
    > message does not contain any virus but we decline
    > any responsability in case of any damage caused by
    > an a non detected virus.

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    • RE: hacking challenges
      ... It really depends on the web hacking challenge. ... > attaches qu'il contient sont confidentiels et ... > et des attachements qu'il contient sont strictement ... > virus non detecte. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Recent Web Hacks: WHID update for Janury 30th 2008
      ... Here is the latest bunch of hacking incidents added to WHID, the Web Hacking ... Incident Database ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: OT but essential Cut, paste and moving text isnt quoting
      ... (US law is very different from ... >qualify as the kind of hacking that is considered a criminal offence. ... There are whole rafts of laws that are out of date, though, peer to peer ... Are you hacking when you place a virus into someone else's peer ...
      (sci.archaeology)
    • Re: Accounts get locked out
      ... Have you protected your network at the perimeter ... More info on "looks like some virus or someone ... hacking' might help, too. ... Internet firewall on local m/c is enabled but this ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Is it a virus? Please I need Help
      ... > message (Symantec Mail Security detected a virus in a message sent ... > Recipient of the message: ... it has nothing to do with hacking. ... the infected pc's addressbook. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)