RE: antenna - Re: Wireless pentesting requirements

From: Alvin Oga (alvin.sec_at_Mail.Linux-Consulting.com)
Date: 06/14/04

    Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:49:24 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Rusty Chiles <rustychiles@cox.net>

    On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Rusty Chiles wrote:

    > The following vendors all offer a wide variety of wifi antennas that could
    > be used for pentesting.
    > They aren't terribly expensive either:
    >
    > http://www.fab-corp.com
    > http://www.hyperlinktech.com
    > http://www.pacwireless.net
    >
    > If you are doing this professionally pay the extra money. If I paid for a
    > site survey and a guy with a pringles can or tupperware container showed up
    > I would be concerned with their testing ability.

    you mean you want them holding this ??

            http://zapchecker.com/rf_signal.html

    -- pringles -- one can make or buy ....
    -- tupperware -- one probably has to make it ...
            - home made is good and bad, if they can explain why they
            made it and all the RF antenna design issues that commercial
            antenna will miss

    c ya
    alvin