Re: brute force tools

From: Andrés Roldán (
Date: 05/25/04

    To: <>
    Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:05:42 -0500

    I've made a simple C program that makes a wordlist
    From a given keyword. It was made for a pentest and
    it was not mean to be a full feature program but it works.

    The URL is

    <> writes:

    > Frequently I attempt to brute force web applications and have found a few problems with the programs I have used. For instance Brutus always informs me a few successful attempts yet when I try they fail. (2) Webcrack not reliable.
    > What I would like is some other tools you may have used with good success and hopefully a perl based script which enumerate common words substituting letters for numbers as users do everyday (ie. pa$$w0rd). Also attempting the crack ColdFusion it only requests the password not the user name / password combo as most tools only allow. Windows or Linux is fine.
    > Thx

    Andrés Roldán <>
    GPG Key-ID: 0xB29396EB

    • Re: Excellent chassis fixins
      ... Ya can't beat the price. ... thx .... ... I poked arond with some keyword searches ...
    • RE: Qurey of users account status in AD
      ... You can use the following command: ... Note that it should be the "DOMAIN" keyword and not the actual domain name. ... password expire date) information in AD? ... > Thx. ...