Re: MBSA scanner

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino (jfernandez_at_germinus.com)
Date: 05/11/04

    Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:23:16 +0200
    To: Steven Trewick <STrewick@joplings.co.uk>

    Steven Trewick wrote:

    > As of march 26, 2004, only *46* countries were signatory to the WIPO
    > treaty. A full list is available at :
    >
    > http://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/documents/pdf/s-wct.pdf

    That list is not complete. The EU should be included in the list. See
    http://www.eurunion.org/legislat/iiprop/copyrigh.htm
    (BTW, EU copyright directives are stricter than the WIPO treaty)

    > So even assuming your legal arguments to be valid (which I would dispute,
    > but IANAL), you are *way* overboard on your assumption of the universality
    > of relevant copyright law.

    If you limit the focus to US and EU, my assumptions are not so
    overboard. Feel free to contradict me.

    > Perhaps if you wish to continue the discussion of international copyright
    > law, we could do it off list, as this is not really relevant to pen-testing.

    Agreed.

    Javier

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Removing Local Admin Rights...
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Cisco CSA
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Minimum password requirements
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Betr.: RE: fax software in the domain
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: HIPAA_Compliance