Odd Pen-test: Security Camera

From: Yvan Boily (yboily_at_seccuris.com)
Date: 05/05/04

    To: <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 19:45:21 -0500

    I was recently given an odd project. Given a configured security camera in
    which the hardware configuration is password protected, break the password
    and modify the configuration.

    I am completely unfamiliar with this hardware, but am going to give it a
    try.

    The camera is GVI-BCDNIR, which connects to the monitoring station via a
    V+2001 Multi-4 PCI capture card.

    The software package is a suite called TotalSecure DVR 2.2 from Productive
    Consultants Inc.

    I am attempting to disassemle the software to identify the authentication
    mechanisms as a starting point, but any further suggestions?

    Yvan Boily
    Information Security Analyst
    Seccuris

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html