RE: PacketShaper

From: Filipe A. (incognito_at_patria.ath.cx)
Date: 05/04/04

    Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:54:50 +0100 (WEST)
    To: "Brewis, Mark" <mark.brewis@eds.com>

    On Mon, 3 May 2004, Brewis, Mark wrote:

    > Obviously, a lot of things have moved on in that time with regard to
    > application testing. Can you get anything out of the webserver at all? Is
    > it an apache, tomcat or lynx derivative, or is it proprietary? If you
    > haven't already, try using attacks against those as a starting place if it
    > is proprietary, and then fuzz on those. It may be one of those things that
    > you feel ought to break, but never does.

     First, thanks to everyone who replied either on and off list. The
    webserver id is "Server: httpd/1.00" and it redirects every bad request
    to /login.htm, meaning nikto/whisker turn out nothing. The web login is
    javascript based, takes a password and monkeys around with it and a random
    number provided by the server. The resulting hashed string is sent as the
    auth token. Easy to emulate with <insert your fav scripting lang here>. As
    time is running short I will simply alert my client to the possibility of
    this box being brute forced. It shouldn't be so exposed anyway. Also
    looking at snmp we gather enough info to reset tcp sessions in feasible
    time, which is so very 0-day... ;)

    --
    inc/PT
    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off

    • RE: Removing Local Admin Rights...
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Minimum password requirements
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Betr.: RE: fax software in the domain
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: HIPAA_Compliance
      ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ... pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Cisco CSA