paper on Nmap scanning speeds

From: Roshen Chandran (roshen.chandran_at_paladion.net)
Date: 05/01/04

    Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 05:38:55 -0700 (PDT)
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    Last week at Cansecwest, we presented the results of
    our research on Nmap's scanning speeds for large
    firewalled networks.

    The new paper "Reducing the Time for Port Scans: An
    Analysis of Nmap" describes our research in detail. It
    evaluates the various options for improving scanning
    speeds and asssists the pen tester chose an
    appropriate strategy. It's available for download at:
    http://www.paladion.net/papers/nmap_performance.pdf

    The slides of the Cansec talk can be viewed at:
    http://www.paladion.net/papers/csw04-paladion-nmap.ppt

    If you've suggestions/comments/observations, we'd love
    to hear those.

    Thanks!
    Roshen

    Roshen Chandran
    Paladion Networks
    http://www.paladion.net

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html