Re: MBSA scanner

nom.de.guerre_at_bonbon.net
Date: 04/22/04

    Date: 22 Apr 2004 13:36:27 -0000
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <EB6D35AE1E5D3E40B4536F55B540A5D8859315@ssdexch1.websense.com>

    "Gibson, Eric" <egibson@websense.com> said:
    >We just finished a long comparative evaluation of Eeye, Foundstone,
    >Tenable, Nessus and ISS. After much consideration we concluded that
    >Foundstone fit our needs best, while still using Nessus for bulk scans.
    >We used to use ISS but switched because the product has not kept up with
    >others. Nessus is still a great scanner, and you cannot beat the price.=20
    >
    >I am surprised that FoundStone has not come up in the recommendations so
    >far

    heh
    http://www.internalmemos.com/memos/memodetails.php?memo_id=1739

    Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
    any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
    to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
    Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
    pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
    of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
    Visit us at:
    http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

    • RE: Crashing services with NMAP and/or SuperScan ?
      ... are referring to. ... driven port/prot match system, ... Qualysguard, Retina, Nessus, Foundscan, or whatever. ... Foundstone has release a new version of SuperScan ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: MBSA scanner
      ... We just finished a long comparative evaluation of Eeye, Foundstone, ... Tenable, Nessus and ISS. ... while still using Nessus for bulk scans. ... Nessus is still a great scanner, and you cannot beat the price. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Scanning the PCs for RPC Vulnerability
      ... I use scanms.exe from ISS, and run it through a little perl ... Foundstone and Microsoft for RPC vulnerable machines. ... even those machines which are Windows 9x, Windows98/Sec, Windows ME. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: Nessus - open or closed source?
      ... I work for a major government ... One of the other teams here uses Nessus ... ISS Internet Scanner was already ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] commercial va
      ... You should look at Retina as well. ... For freeware, Nessus is also cool, but I, ... would be very careful running it on production networks (we ... discussing ISS. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)