Re: Linux/Windows Authentication?

ivan.hernandez_at_globalsis.com.ar
Date: 02/27/04

    To: "MARTIN M. Bénoni" <benoni_martin@hotmail.com>, "pen-test@securityfocus.com" <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:55:04 +0000

    Try this

    http://modntlm.sourceforge.net/

    Is the NTLM (Windows Integrated Authentication) in an apache module.

    Ivan

    Con fecha 27/2/2004, "MARTIN M. Bénoni" <benoni_martin@hotmail.com>
    escribió:

    >Hi list!
    >
    >I am looking forward to know if there is a way to meet this following
    >requirement:
    >
    >We are setting up an Intranet. On it, each department will be allowed to =
    >access a part of the server, for example HR Department will be allowed = to
    >access just http://intranet/HR, Financial Department will just be = allowed
    >to access to http://intranet/Finance, and so on. As they are = no-IT people,
    >we would be looking for a transparent way to authenticate = them and to
    >block someone from one department to access a file from = another
    >department. User/password may be tough to set up as they will = have to
    >remember them and we will have to check if they are not using = weak
    >passwords. A PKI/Kerberos/... -based solution would be long to set = up as
    >well. I was thinking about some key-based authentication, as it = can
    >usually be done with ssh. But looking around the Internet for some =
    >information, no way to find out some clues... Moreover, all the clients =
    >will be Windows 2000/XP, and our Intranet runs under Linux (Redhat 9.0). =
    >Some ideas? :-)
    >
    >Authentication based on IP addressees would be the easiest solution I = have
    >been thinking about, but remains to know if I can tell my Linux box = to
    >allow a given bunch of IP addresses to access just a given = directory...
    >
    >And of course, thanks in advance for the replies!
    >
    >Bénoni-

    • Re: Stronger password based HTTP client authentication?
      ... > Apache) that locks a user account after a certain number of password ... > failures for a few minutes/hours/forever? ... If there was an Apache module ... > implements this feature would this kind of client authentication with ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • windows auth with php
      ... In an Apache module PHP script, it is possible to use the headerfunction to send an "Authentication Required" message to the client browser causing it to pop up a Username/Password input window. ... Once the user has filled in a username and a password, the URL containing the PHP script will be called again with the predefined variables PHP_AUTH_USER, PHP_AUTH_PW, and AUTH_TYPE set to the user name, password and authentication type respectively. ...
      (php.general)