Low Level Enumeration with ECE/CWR

From: Joe (joe_nasdaq_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/26/04

    Date: 26 Feb 2004 19:34:33 -0000
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    I recently read "Low Level Enumeration with TCP/IP" by Rnady Williams. Think its an excellent read.

    My question is, does anyone know of any enumeration techniques that use the Explicit Congestion Notification Echo (ECE) bit or the Congestion Window Reduction (CWR) bit? (see RFC-3168 for more info).

    I noticed the article failed to mention these bits but many manufacturers claim support.

    thanks,
    Joe

    • Re: terminal servers, X-terminals in upgrade to Integrity
      ... I wonder if these will work if I upgrade to Integrity Servers? ... So there is a chance that the only thing that you need to do to use your Xyplex on an Integrity VMS system is to make sure that the LAT protocol is started. ... It may also allow TCP/IP to be used to manage it, once a TCPIP address is assigned. ... Current TCP/IP and DECW-Motif both support TCP/IP including font servers. ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: TN3270 *from* a host??
      ... escaped my extensive testing of the function in the earliest TCP/IP for MVS ... That such a handy function would escape ... It's also remarkable that the TELNET client in the Communications Server IP ... the READY prompt does support TN3270. ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • RE: Is it possible to disable NETBIOS and still allow NTLM and Kerberos authentication?
      ... I think what you mentioned is the NetBIOS over TCP/IP options in TCP/IP ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    • Re: whiny question: Why wont z/OS support the HMC 3270 emulator
      ... VM had TCP/IP first. ... some old mainframe tcp/ip folklore ... ... subcontract to implement tcp/ip support in vtam. ... more efficient than tcp ... ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: OID_TCP_TASK_OFFLOAD problem
      ... buffer that my NDIS_TASK_OFFLOAD needs. ... I am trying to support checksum offloading on my ... I am having some problems with OID_TCP_TASK_OFFLOAD support ... I assume that the TCP/IP stack of WinCE would automatically SET this OID, ...