RE: nessus which plug'in reports which vulnerability?

From: cissper (cissper_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: 02/24/04

    To: <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:41:40 +1100

    Dear all

    I thank you all for your responses and valuable help!!!

    To quickly summarise the conclusion:

    A HTML report generated by the nessus Windows client does not provide
    the nessusID for an identified vulnerability. A report generated on the
    Linux GUI does link a vulnerability to the nessus plug-in.

    So we just found another good reason for using Linux :-)

    Kind regards
    cissper

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
    integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_pen-test_040219