RE: Firewall Netscreen 10 - URGENTLY

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnja_at_LSS.hr)
Date: 02/23/04

    To: "'Ricardo'" <skydiver@dialdata.com.br>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:16:07 +1300

    Hi Ricardo,

    I don't think you'll be lucky with this.

    As far as I know, you can only reset whole Netscreen to the factory default,
    therefore loosing whole configuration.
    There is also a caveat. Asset recovery is available only if your Netscreen
    has ScreenOS 2.6.1 or higher and it is possible to disable that (unset admin
    hw-reset). In that case you'll have to send box to Netscreen.

    You can read more information about this at:

    http://services.netscreen.com/eserverweb/esupport_customer/consumer/esupport
    .asp?id=nskb1836

    Cheers,

    Bojan

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
    integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_pen-test_040219