RE: Firewall Netscreen 10 - URGENTLY

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnja_at_LSS.hr)
Date: 02/23/04

    To: "'Ricardo'" <skydiver@dialdata.com.br>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:16:07 +1300

    Hi Ricardo,

    I don't think you'll be lucky with this.

    As far as I know, you can only reset whole Netscreen to the factory default,
    therefore loosing whole configuration.
    There is also a caveat. Asset recovery is available only if your Netscreen
    has ScreenOS 2.6.1 or higher and it is possible to disable that (unset admin
    hw-reset). In that case you'll have to send box to Netscreen.

    You can read more information about this at:

    http://services.netscreen.com/eserverweb/esupport_customer/consumer/esupport
    .asp?id=nskb1836

    Cheers,

    Bojan

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
    integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_pen-test_040219

    • Re: Security for 64 bit Vista Laptop
      ... Windows Defender is enabled, as is Windows firewall. ... I'd like to address strong security. ... Understanding and Configuring User Account Control in Windows Vista. ... Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration changes the browsing ...
    • RE: Is IDS/IPS worthless?
      ... increase over the last few years - IDS is little changed. ... Standard security ROI question when security doesn't have an ROI unless ... Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: OS Fingerprinting Prevention
      ... Firewalls will help and Windows 2003 has a built in firewall with the SP1 ... Ipsec configuration however is not trivial, ... strong passwords, prompt management of security patches, concept of least ...
    • How to secure access to private network files via IIS 6.0?
      ... If files are static or change for example every day I prefer not open ports in the PIX firewall and upload this files with sftp. ... Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection ...
      (Security-Basics)