Re: Pushing SSH tunnels over TELNET proxies

From: Ryan Mack (lists_at_mackman.net)
Date: 02/16/04

    Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:26:23 -0800 (PST)
    To: Sekurity Wizard <s.wizard@boundariez.com>

    Take a look at slirp (http://slirp.sourceforge.net/). If it's the program
    I'm thinking of, it allows you to simulate a PPP or SLIP connection
    through a shell account. You can then run SSH or another secure tunnel
    through that.

    -Ryan

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Sekurity Wizard wrote:

    > Hey all,
    > Trying to pen my way into a network we're testing here...and I found
    > an open TELNET proxy (outbound) from their network. They believe that
    > since they can sniff all outbound traffic through this proxy, and log it
    > all...that it's not possible to "put one past 'em". I'd like to try and
    > push an SSH tunnel out to our parent network through their only (besides
    > HTTP-proxy) way out of the network...can someone throw some advice my
    > way?
    > Essentially, I'd like to tunnel arbitrary traffic out that SSH tunnel
    > to another endpoint on the 'net, and then use it as sort of a VPN I can
    > do what-ever I want with.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Wiz

    > Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection
    >
    > Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
    > integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.
    >
    > Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    > - Wireless security.
    >
    > Download 30-day evaluation at:
    > http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
    integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php

    • Re: Counter detect Network Sniffer
      ... >Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that integrates ... >- Wireless security. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Wierd named log..
      ... > which has a bad server with a CLASS E addressess. ... >>Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that ... > Sprint Canada IP Network Technical Support Team, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: DHCP or Probe?
      ... somewhat limited understanding of cable network architecture, ... >> Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ... > Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Encrypting data on fileserver
      ... network. ... I guess this should at least be possivle via ssh tunnel or ... This would protect the data against someone sniffing on your ... network filesystems use not only TCP ports but also UDP ports and can ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: TCP port 5000 syn increasing
      ... if the person means tunnel into a network, ... even this kind of thing is relatively easy to protect ... > VPN, wireless security ... the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Incidents)