Pushing SSH tunnels over TELNET proxies

From: Sekurity Wizard (s.wizard_at_boundariez.com)
Date: 02/14/04

    Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:48:52 -0500
    To: <pen-test@securityfocus.com>

    Hey all,
      Trying to pen my way into a network we're testing here...and I found
    an open TELNET proxy (outbound) from their network. They believe that
    since they can sniff all outbound traffic through this proxy, and log it
    all...that it's not possible to "put one past 'em". I'd like to try and
    push an SSH tunnel out to our parent network through their only (besides
    HTTP-proxy) way out of the network...can someone throw some advice my
    way?
      Essentially, I'd like to tunnel arbitrary traffic out that SSH tunnel
    to another endpoint on the 'net, and then use it as sort of a VPN I can
    do what-ever I want with.

    Thanks,
      Wiz

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
    integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php

    • Re: what should I do when....
      ... You didn't answer my initial question which was, can you show me a firewall that does *secure* a network? ... The fact of the matter is that *most* businesses do not restrict outbound SSL traffic and even less of them decrypt and re-encrypt traffic for the sake of outbound monitoring. ... Not to mention not all of our outbound connections are established over port 443, we can use any port, hell we can even use ICMP or UDP. ... exploited and their computer connected back to me over https. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Pix 535 Logging
      ... environment you should be able to. ... Have you thought about just blocking all outbound port 25 ... connections except for your authorized MX and mail servers? ... A Cisco Systems, Inc., Certified Network Associate ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: WTF?? ISA 04 semantics inbound or outbound
      ... In that the traffic is outbound from the External network, in the SBS RWW Inbound access rule. ... So if you were on the external network you would need to send the traffic out that network in order to get to the To network. ... A helicopter with a pilot and a single passenger was flying around above Seattle when a malfunction disabled all of the aircraft's navigation and communications equipment. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: WTF?? ISA 04 semantics inbound or outbound
      ... Think of the direction from the perspective of the From network. ... the traffic is outbound from the External network, ... A helicopter with a pilot and a single passenger was flying around above ...