Re: Remote connection to Webmin Service (Port 10000)

From: Jeremiah Cornelius (jeremiah_at_nur.net)
Date: 02/06/04

    To: "Wu Fei Liang" <cms01017@cms.ac>, "Jeff Dell" <jdell@activeworx.com>
    Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 00:39:18 -0800

    > On Thursday 05 February 2004 18:16, you wrote:
    >> Try https instead of http. If they have https enabled in webmin, it might
    >> not automatially change from http.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >
    > Hi Jeff!
    >
    > I've already tried this with the browser. It won't work. And since telnet
    > can't speak ssl I don't know what to do. Maybe there is another tool?

    Use OpenSSL and stunnel for your telnet.

    www.stunnel.org

    There may still be no response. This could have tcpwrappers on it, etc.

    • Re: Can see RWW, but not WWW
      ... but looking at this it looks like we are using https on one ... that means that you have to be able to talk to the server on port 80 before ... "Jeff" wrote in message ... > I'm trying to set up an SBS server as a team site for remote workers. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Remote connection to Webmin Service (Port 10000)
      ... If they have https enabled in webmin, ... > not automatially change from http. ... Hi Jeff! ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Re: Remote connection to Webmin Service (Port 10000)
      ... You can get it for *NIX or Windows. ... It's a great multi-purpose tool. ... If they have https enabled in webmin, ... > Hi Jeff! ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Web site redirection
      ... We have tried a couple of different things - replaced the home page with another that tells the user that the site has moved (this worked if you did not use https). ... We have the site currently set to redirect its content to the page, but that only works if you are not using https. ... > redirect to URL in the web site properties? ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)