RE: password cracking a web form, tried hydra and brutus

From: Rob Shein (shoten_at_starpower.net)
Date: 02/04/04

    To: <bishan@sumerusolutions.com>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:41:15 -0500

    The problem is you're trying to use HTTP authentication, instead of
    submitting the results to the form. Your better bet is to work something up,
    in perl most likely (but any tcp-capable language will do), that will submit
    requests just as would happen if you were to sequentially try various login
    attempts on their web page.

    There are also other ways you could poke at it...have you tried SQL
    injection attacks in either the password or login field?