Re: Pen testing training / certification

From: Greg Martinez (greg_at_gregandjenn.com)
Date: 01/31/04

    Date: 31 Jan 2004 20:51:37 -0000
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <401A8D2F.2030107@yahoo.com>

    In regards to REDvolutions training, regardless of the specific class, I would recommend the Instructor cadre for any security related course. The Instructors that I have been exposed to from REDvolutions in the field or in their classes bring with them a wealth of experience, technical knowledge, and the ability to communicate that knowledge effectively and coherently.
    The OPST course was excellent, but it is not for the inexperienced. You should have at least 1+ year of *unix experience, knowledge of some basic "Assessment/Audit/Penetration" techniques. The instructors are able to bring the "beginners" up to speed, but they "beginners" should be prepared for extra hours in the classroom to catch up with the rest of the class.
    Greg Martinez