Re: TCP Header manipulation of the protocol field

From: Mark Wolfgang (moonpie_at_moonpie.org)
Date: 01/30/04

    Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:54:33 -0500
    To: Michael Burns <mburns@sp-uk.com>

    I think hping (http://www.hping.org) is what you're looking for! Not
    sure if it compiles and runs under Windows though. It enables you to
    modify IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP packets.

    -Mark

    --
    Risk accepted by one is imposed on all
    http://moonpie.org
    On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 04:08:32PM -0000, Michael Burns wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > Sorry for this kind of request (well not really, not if I get the
    > answer). I need to manipulate the protocol field of a TCP session to
    > test for IP protocol filtering across a non-managed link. This is
    > predominantly to help test/prove filtering in place when running ESP.
    >
    > I simply need to get a pointer to somewhere to look up as I've hit a
    > brick wall at the minute.
    >
    > Predominantly the test environment will be from Windows platforms but
    > can also be from Linux.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Mike

    > the system manager.

    > www.mimesweeper.com

    • TCP Header manipulation of the protocol field
      ... I need to manipulate the protocol field of a TCP session to ... predominantly to help test/prove filtering in place when running ESP. ... Predominantly the test environment will be from Windows platforms but ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Newbe GP
      ... I have a windows 2000 advanced server and a windows 2000 pro machine in a ... test environment. ... I added a user called gptest1. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • RE: Win2000 to Win2003 Migration Testing - ADprep Problems
      ... I suggest you to re-deploy the test environment and try the migration again. ... How to upgrade Windows 2000 domain controllers to Windows Server 2003 ... Because there's schema conflict between the Exchange 2000 and Windows ... Server 2003, we need special steps to migrate Windows 2000 with Exchange ...
    • Re: ntstrsafe.h "No such file or directory in Wndows DDk 2600" ????
      ... download to a cache on your computer the symbols for your test environment. ... Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting ... Thanks for the help I was able to build the device driver ... I downloaded WindowsXP-SP2-Symbols where do I need to install this? ...
    • Re: Migrating AD 2000 to AD 2003 and 2008
      ... Domain X.local to Windows 2003 Domain or Windows 2008 y.local. ... You were very helpful show me the path to upgrade. ... BLOG --> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx ... Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing! ...