Re: VMWare and which linux distro?

mike_at_genxweb.net
Date: 01/08/04

    Date: Thu,  8 Jan 2004 17:33:50 +0000
    To: Christopher Downs <cdowns@drippingdead.com>

    I have recently tried slackware and solaris 8 inside of vmware running on a
    redhat fedora box with no luck, unfortunatly without using the advance setting
    and allowing the guest machines to have access to my hard drive it self they
    will not install cause they look for /dev/hda and the cdrom takes that mount.
    It is weird had several people look at and they were all pretty dumb founded.
    Though installing windows and rh in vmware worked fine. Will try free bsd and
    debian tonight.

    Quoting Christopher Downs <cdowns@drippingdead.com>:

    > I use Arch Linux and VMware / CXoffice. Most commonly people run RedHat
    > and VMware but each his own.
    >
    > ~!>D
    >
    > Maxime Rousseau wrote:
    >
    > >Hi List,
    > >
    > >I think a good portion of you guys use a VMWare-Linux setup when doing
    > >pen-test (for many reasons). The question i would like to ask is, which
    > >linux distribution works best for this specific purpose ? Obviously you
    > >dont need a distribution with many fency Xwin features and preferably
    > >good networking tools built-in.
    > >
    > >I am uncertain about which would work best in this particular scenario
    > >and i really cant think of anyone better then you guys to give me
    > >insight.
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >
    > >-Maxime

    • Re: Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server
      ... InstallationOn Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. ... searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. ... Howard Rogers site athttp://www.dizwell.com/prod ... There WAS an article in OTN that explained exactly how to do it (I ...
      (comp.databases.oracle.server)
    • Re: [SLE] 9.0 and vmware
      ... On Saturday 01 November 2003 21:17 pm, Ken Schneider wrote: ... > Installed 9.0 on my laptop, my test machine, and can't get vmware to ... > directions to a T will out luck. ...
      (SuSE)
    • VMware Server Beta Refresh on FC5
      ... Updated to the latest kernel ... Using the above, I am able to install and mostly configure it, but can ... It seems the VMware console itself does run. ... I've scoured the VMware forums with no luck. ...
      (Fedora)
    • [SLE] 9.0 and vmware
      ... Installed 9.0 on my laptop, my test machine, and can't get vmware to run. ... Even tried to start a fresh VM without luck. ...
      (SuSE)