Re: VMWare and which linux distro?

mike_at_genxweb.net
Date: 01/08/04

    Date: Thu,  8 Jan 2004 17:33:50 +0000
    To: Christopher Downs <cdowns@drippingdead.com>

    I have recently tried slackware and solaris 8 inside of vmware running on a
    redhat fedora box with no luck, unfortunatly without using the advance setting
    and allowing the guest machines to have access to my hard drive it self they
    will not install cause they look for /dev/hda and the cdrom takes that mount.
    It is weird had several people look at and they were all pretty dumb founded.
    Though installing windows and rh in vmware worked fine. Will try free bsd and
    debian tonight.