Re: VMWare and which linux distro?

From: Eric Wilson (serw30_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/08/04

    Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 06:13:13 -0800 (PST)
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    I use a minimal install of Suse for Vmware 4. I'd
    rather still be using FreeBSD, but I wasn't smart
    enough to get Vmware 4 working properly on it!

    --- Maxime Rousseau <m.rousseau@cgi.com> wrote:

    > Hi List,
    >
    > I think a good portion of you guys use a
    > VMWare-Linux setup when doing
    > pen-test (for many reasons). The question i would
    > like to ask is, which
    > linux distribution works best for this specific
    > purpose ? Obviously you
    > dont need a distribution with many fency Xwin
    > features and preferably
    > good networking tools built-in.
    >
    > I am uncertain about which would work best in this
    > particular scenario
    > and i really cant think of anyone better then you
    > guys to give me
    > insight.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Maxime

    • RE: VMWare interface security
      ... > VMWare and on one of them i run a sniffer will i ... > Plan great trips with Yahoo! ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: vmware on freebsd?
      ... Please feel free to flame me if vmware can do ... something that qemu cannot since I have never used ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: riddle this: disc2 fails media test. And YES I have checked md5, etc...
      ... of the media tests have passed so far. ... Sorry my VMware noob-ness spilled onto the Fedora ... Settings> CD-ROM> Use ISO image> Browse to image ... Get better spam protection with Yahoo! ...
      (Fedora)
    • VMWare interface security
      ... VMWare and on one of them i run a sniffer will i ... Plan great trips with Yahoo! ... Travel: Now over 17,000 guides! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Migrating Windows to Linux Questions.
      ... I cannot spare several days in the office for installing ... configured system under VMWare cannot boot and run under native hardware? ... What linux distribution to use? ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)