Re: VMWare and which linux distro?

From: Christopher Downs (cdowns_at_drippingdead.com)
Date: 01/07/04

    Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:39:29 -0600
    To: Maxime Rousseau <m.rousseau@cgi.com>

    I use Arch Linux and VMware / CXoffice. Most commonly people run RedHat
    and VMware but each his own.

    ~!>D

    Maxime Rousseau wrote:

    >Hi List,
    >
    >I think a good portion of you guys use a VMWare-Linux setup when doing
    >pen-test (for many reasons). The question i would like to ask is, which
    >linux distribution works best for this specific purpose ? Obviously you
    >dont need a distribution with many fency Xwin features and preferably
    >good networking tools built-in.
    >
    >I am uncertain about which would work best in this particular scenario
    >and i really cant think of anyone better then you guys to give me
    >insight.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >-Maxime

    • Re: Migrating Windows to Linux Questions.
      ... I cannot spare several days in the office for installing ... configured system under VMWare cannot boot and run under native hardware? ... What linux distribution to use? ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Version of Linux which can host Windows as a guest/virtual OS (a la VMware)?
      ... > I thought there was some Linux distribution which could host other ... > Is VMware really the only game in town? ... terrific software from a terrific company. ... Will do most stuff native Windoze will, however, like ...
      (comp.os.linux.questions)
    • Re: VMWare and which linux distro?
      ... That of a minimal install of SuSE. ... are short of boxes though I would do without vmware. ... linux distribution works best for this specific purpose? ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: VMWare and which linux distro?
      ... I use a minimal install of Suse for Vmware 4. ... rather still be using FreeBSD, ... > linux distribution works best for this specific ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: VMWare and which linux distro?
      ... Linux Suse 9: big troubles with NAT between vmware and host OS; ... so my favourite is definitely Redhat 8.0 ... linux distribution works best for this specific purpose? ...
      (Pen-Test)