Re: running L0phtcrack under wine

miguel.dilaj_at_pharma.novartis.com
Date: 01/06/04

    To: "fr0stman" <fr0stman@sun-tzu-security.net>
    Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:11:13 +0000

    Hi fr0stman,

    Just my $0.02, and not answering to your question...
    I prefer to use our tool Lepton's Crack instead of L0phtcrack, and it has
    the advantage of being available for Linux/UNIXish, Windows using Cygwin,
    or pure Windows port.
    If you're interested, check the following sites:

    http://usuarios.lycos.es/reinob/ (original
    Linux/UNIXish or Windows+Cygwin)
    http://www.nestonline.com/lcrack/ (Piero Brunati's port to
    Windows)
    http://www.nestonline.com/lcrack/lcFE.htm (GUI frontend by Matteo
    Brunati, Piero's son ;-)
    http://www.nestonline.com/lcrack/lcexp1.html (EXCELLENT paper by Piero
    on the use of Lepton's Crack)

    Cheers,

    Miguel
    aka Nekromancer

    "fr0stman" <fr0stman@sun-tzu-security.net>
    05/01/2004 20:00
    Please respond to "fr0stman"

            To: <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
            cc:
            Subject: running L0phtcrack under wine

    Has anyone been successful in running L0phtcrack under wine?

    Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors
    go
    to war first and then seek to win.

    Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Strategic Assessments

    • Re: Seagate hard drive encryption worries child advocates
      ... A belief they held for the entire duration of the war. ... I do not believe that the ability to crack AES (or other modern ... secret, but that would only affect you if your encrypted data was ... the British receiving a couple of days notice of the attack from an Enigma ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: OT: An Enigma for sale
      ... Imagine what England would have paid for that in 1939. ... Enigma was commercially available before the war. ... Having the machine in the first place let Bletchely know what the were up against and how to crack it. ... I seem to remember there was also a bit of espionage to get a german military enigma also. ...
      (comp.arch.embedded)
    • Re: Seagate hard drive encryption worries child advocates
      ... That is simply incorrect. ... it is crackable, crack it then pop back to the present with the decrypted ... system and their Lorenz system in World War 2 were completely impenetrable. ... A belief they held for the entire duration of the war. ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: OT: An Enigma for sale
      ... Imagine what England would have paid for that in 1939. ... Enigma was commercially available before the war. ... Having the machine in the first place let Bletchely know what the were up against and how to crack it. ...
      (comp.arch.embedded)
    • Re: running L0phtcrack under wine
      ... > I prefer to use our tool Lepton's Crack instead of L0phtcrack, ... > or pure Windows port. ...
      (Pen-Test)