Re: running L0phtcrack under wine

miguel.dilaj_at_pharma.novartis.com
Date: 01/06/04

    To: "fr0stman" <fr0stman@sun-tzu-security.net>
    Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:11:13 +0000

    Hi fr0stman,

    Just my $0.02, and not answering to your question...
    I prefer to use our tool Lepton's Crack instead of L0phtcrack, and it has
    the advantage of being available for Linux/UNIXish, Windows using Cygwin,
    or pure Windows port.
    If you're interested, check the following sites:

    http://usuarios.lycos.es/reinob/ (original
    Linux/UNIXish or Windows+Cygwin)
    http://www.nestonline.com/lcrack/ (Piero Brunati's port to
    Windows)
    http://www.nestonline.com/lcrack/lcFE.htm (GUI frontend by Matteo
    Brunati, Piero's son ;-)
    http://www.nestonline.com/lcrack/lcexp1.html (EXCELLENT paper by Piero
    on the use of Lepton's Crack)

    Cheers,

    Miguel
    aka Nekromancer

    "fr0stman" <fr0stman@sun-tzu-security.net>
    05/01/2004 20:00
    Please respond to "fr0stman"

            To: <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
            cc:
            Subject: running L0phtcrack under wine

    Has anyone been successful in running L0phtcrack under wine?

    Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors
    go
    to war first and then seek to win.

    Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Strategic Assessments