john the ripper

From: Giacomo (badgiaco_at_supereva.it)
Date: 12/02/03

    Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:52:18 +0100
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    Hi all

    I am tryning to crack cisco md5 password.
    Currently I am using a Athlon XP2500barton at 2300mhz, after 17days john
    continue to crack at 3800c/s (it started at 4500c/s).
    I am asking myself and all of you what is the best system (hardware) to
    crack md5 password.
    I am thinking that the best way Is the powerfull (mhz) i386 in commerce.
    I've tried OpenMosix with 4 p500 nodes with john and cisilia, but
    without lucky results.
    The sun 280 (dual 64bits cpu at 900mhz) go to a poor 900c/s

    which is you reference system to use john on md5 password ?

    Giacomo

    • Re: john the ripper
      ... Darwin 7.1 Power Mac G4 Dual 1.42GHz john results ... >> I am tryning to crack cisco md5 password. ... >> which is you reference system to use john on md5 password? ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: john the ripper
      ... Subject: john the ripper ... I am not sure a brute force attack on md5 password is the best.There has ... crack all combinations, or 75,000 years on average. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: hardware vs. john the ripper
      ... and how your cracking process is structured to address those ... (Some of the add-on modules to john can be ... Crack all the simple ones quickly? ... And what passwords are ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: ntds.dit, john and pwdump2
      ... which can then be turned into a hashed file by samdump. ... Subject: ntds.dit, john and pwdump2 ... John the Ripper with some plugins written by 3rd parties to crack the ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: ntds.dit, john and pwdump2
      ... | John the Ripper with some plugins written by 3rd parties to crack the ... but apparently the NTDS.DIT file isn't really a hashed file ... | user/pw information on the DC to a hashed file that you can then crack ... | Dave Dyer ...
      (Security-Basics)