Re: CEH and Intense School

From: TM (sangthomas_at_rediffmail.com)
Date: 11/07/03

    Date: 7 Nov 2003 15:09:43 -0000
    To: "Andrew Turner" <andrewhturner@yahoo.com>

    Hi Andrew,

    I had recently taken a look at the course material and compared to
    what I've seen before, I can tell you there is a ton of
    information out there.This is my personal take on the course.

    1. Compared to most other hacking courses, this course has a
    comprehensive toolkit - yes, you get to keep the CD-ROM. There are
    both sophisticated hacking tools as well as script kiddy tools -
    but you get to see most of what is out there.

    2.The course has depth. It does not just tell you what tools are
    available for what. It also tells you why the tool is able to do
    what it does and the way it does. No, it's not just tool based,
    you get to compile code as well.

    3.The classroom is really hands-on, while you get good reference
    material to take back with you.

    4.The labs have diff OS, tools are on Knoppix - the latest version
    of the course is less windows centric and quite balanced I must
    say.

    I think the student kit is good,and I would vote for this compared
    to what is available right now.

    My 4C
    TM

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 Andrew Turner wrote :
    >Greetings,
    >
    >I am considering taking the Ethical Hacking course
    >tought by Intense School. Has anyone had experience
    >with this training program? If so, I would be very
    >interested in hearing your comments on the program.
    >
    >Thanks in Advance!
    >
    >--
    >Andrew H. Turner, CISSP

    >http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

    >Network with over 10,000 of the brightest minds in information
    >security
    >at the largest, most highly-anticipated industry event of the
    >year.
    >Don't miss RSA Conference 2004! Choose from over 200 class
    >sessions and
    >see demos from more than 250 industry vendors. If your job
    >touches
    >security, you need to be here. Learn more or register at
    >http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/RSA_pen-test_031023
    >and use priority code SF4.

    Network with over 10,000 of the brightest minds in information security
    at the largest, most highly-anticipated industry event of the year.
    Don't miss RSA Conference 2004! Choose from over 200 class sessions and
    see demos from more than 250 industry vendors. If your job touches
    security, you need to be here. Learn more or register at
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/RSA_pen-test_031023
    and use priority code SF4.

    • RE: SQL Slammer doing the rounds again?
      ... is a vulnerable system available to an infected system, ... Security Business Unit ... most highly-anticipated industry event of the year. ... and use priority code SF4. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: SQL Slammer doing the rounds again?
      ... >> security, ... Learn more or register at ... most highly-anticipated industry event of the year. ... >and use priority code SF4. ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE : CEH and Intense School
      ... from my location the Security Associates Institute times ... > Subject: CEH and Intense School ... > and use priority code SF4. ... most highly-anticipated industry event of the year. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: CEH and Intense School
      ... > You want more than 4 to know the bugs are ironed out in labs and so on. ... > Network with over 10,000 of the brightest minds in information security ... most highly-anticipated industry event of the year. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: Security Posture Assessment
      ... For many of our general IT audits we include a modem ... Subject: Security Posture Assessment ... However phone sweep is the best risk assessment tool for war dialing. ... most highly-anticipated industry event of the year. ...
      (Pen-Test)