RE: Web Application Penetration Testing Tools

From: Faiz Ahmad Shuja (faiz_at_honeynet.org.pk)
Date: 10/12/03

    To: "'Brian E'" <brian_anon@hotmail.com>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 03:15:04 +0500

    Try Achilles, A Windows web attack proxy -
    http://achilles.mavensecurity.com/

    "Achilles is a tool designed for testing the security of web
    applications. Achilles is a proxy server, which acts as a
    man-in-the-middle during an HTTP session. A typical HTTP proxy will
    relay packets to and from a client browser and a web server. Achilles
    will intercept an HTTP session's data in either direction and give the
    user the ability to alter the data before transmission. For example,
    during a normal HTTP SSL connection a typical proxy will relay the
    session between the server and the client and allow the two end nodes to
    negotiate SSL. In contrast, when in intercept mode, Achilles will
    pretend to be the server and negotiate two SSL sessions, one with the
    client browser and another with the web server. As data is transmitted
    between the two nodes, Achilles decrypts the data and gives the user the
    ability to alter and/or log the data in clear text before transmission."

    Regards,
    Faiz